Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010...a new endeavour




I've created this blog to share my thoughts, experiences and past with everyone and anyone who might find it a bit interesting. I plan on doing this at least every Sunday...perhaps much more if there is a great interest that I feel the need to share.





I am truely the happiest I've EVER been. I've got a great job and an amazing woman by my side here in Louisiana...she is my best-friend, my confidant and soulmate. She has learned quickly who I am through quiet conversation and intense study of my wants, needs and desires. She's enabled me, strengthened me and taught me to push through life. She is my life, my world, my everything and I would give my life for her. I've also got three very energetic southern-style step-children in my life that mean the world to me. They keep us busy, keep us laughing and keep us young. Each one is unique and we have our own fun-filled relationship. My family and friends back in Pennsylvania all mean the world to me and I miss them tremendously. I've missed my nephew growing up, the nights out with my friends and spending time with them all on the holidays. With that said, I have no regrets because they continue to support me and see what I have accomplished by going outside the box and exploring life with nothing but my few essential items.

If you would've told me in 2005 that I was going to be living in the south, I would've laughed at you. But, a few years later...here I am! In October of '06 I decided it was time for me to make a DRASTIC change in my life. So, I prepared my resume and placed it online on a few key sites. The next few weeks were a whirlwind of offers, phone interviews and tough decisions. I wasn't sure where I was going, or what I was going to do...the only thing I knew for sure was that there was change coming.

Today, I'm a construction project manager for a national contractor and I've never doubted my decision to leave Pennsylvania one bit. I enjoy seeing the country throughout the year as I travel to various bases for a week or so at a time for site visits. My duties include interaction with facility occupant/FM during site visits and follow-up, coordinate subcontractors’ proposals/bidding, prepare 803 technical reports, material take-offs/IHE, complete preliminary design and as-built drawings, O & M manuals, APP’s and project close-out documents. I complete my work in design, estimates, proposals, material take-off, reports, technical write-ups, etc from our house in Northeast Louisiana. It's very rewarding for me to give back to the soldiers who defend our country through my work everyday.

The past year was very busy as I became a husband to an amazing woman and a step-father to three witty children. Although they're not mine by blood, they're my world and I wouldn't imagine life without them. We've settled down into our new home here in Northeast Louisiana and we're enjoying life to the best of our abilities. I've become a huge fan of Twitter (318cg), Facebook and LinkedIn and love my BlackBerry Curve. I'm utilizing the internet and social media to my very best advantage. I've met some of the best people in the world through these mediums and keep up with my amazing friends as well.

Through the next months I will continue to share life and my endeavours...from a perspective you may not have seen before. Thanks for reading and enjoy the ride...until next time!
The views in this blog are of my own and do not represent those of John J Kirlin Special Projects, LLC or BMH Engineering...all questions should be directed to me at cdecapria@jjkllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment